“It's been a while...” -Staind
So it has. I've been blogging more and more infrequently because I just haven't wanted to. And God knows I've had a bunch of shit going on.
First and foremost is the fact that my savings are gone. Done. Depleted. I shelled out at least $1800 on my teeth in the form of two root canals and a crown. No fun. On top of that I had to go to Urgent Care then Jewish Hospital in order to find out that my next biggest obstacle is whatever the hell is going on with my gall bladder. It seems that I either have gallstones or a bladder infection. At any rate I have to watch how much I eat and what I eat. Big fun.
Next on the order of things: I may have a girlfriend. I'll say that her name is Allison and that she's cool. I like her a lot. In the event that she runs across this blog this'll be all I can say about her for the moment because she seemed to get upset with the idea of me writing/blogging about her so again, that's all that I'll say about her.
A small part of my soul died on Wednesday and I damn near cried. I went to orientation for a shitjob through a temp agency. While the job may be alright and there'll probably be benefits better than others I'm not holding my breath for what all I can do for the company. Been there, done that, got screwed-over.
And so I've been learning a lot during my sojourn in unemployment. The big thing is that I do not handle change which may not bode well in the future. When Jen left and suddenly I had to fill a big emotional void with nothing, that sucked. When I was fired and found myself not knowing how to get another job or what I was going to do with my life again, a void I had to fill. Maybe it's learning and maybe it's growing up but it hurts like hell. I know that I need to figure out a way to work for myself and I believe I can do that through photography but the starting point is eluding me. For the moment I'm reading a book about the business of photography and seeing what I want to do next. I'll keep ya posted.
I don't know what else to write about now. My car is on the fritz again (radiator, I think) so I'll have to pick up “lead balls” to put into the system in order to “fill” any holes that may be leaking (or so my friend suggests). I guess that I'm just tired and down to the end of my “unemployed days.” I get to call Allison tomorrow to schedule for Saturday after which I'll have a better idea as to where I'm heading.
No comments:
Post a Comment