What a week, what a week, what a week, folks.
First off I had mentioned my trade before -Canon GL2 for a Canon 40D- and that it finally went through. Monday afternoon the package came to the business I work for and I drove 40 mins roundtrip to pick it up. Wow. Just fuckin' wow. I was digging the camera. It's nice, well-kept, and works beautifully and takes incredible pictures. It really is amazing. I loves my camera, loves my camera.
So I've been taking a sort-of sojourn from writing for the week. Not that it's a bad thing but I sit here in the coffeeshop tonight in the corner of the room, the older-citizen bridge club (could be spades) playing a few hands. I digress. I sit here and wax laconic about getting a feel for the camera. I know it sounds weird, right? Kinda like when you get a new car. You're not so much afraid of having it totaled (you are, but still) as you are of handling it. Getting used to it. How it turns. How it stops. How it goes. I'm doing the same thing with the 40D -getting my barrings with it. And it's fucking cool.
What else happened this week? We found out that we're stupid. Sometimes, fucking stupid. Maybe that's harsh; maybe we're more indignant. I've spent so much time thinking that I just needed to be by myself when I honestly needed to be around people who were nice, who I could trust, who really had no preconceptions of me. Case in point Thursday night the local Singles Meetup group gathered at Wick's Pizza in the Highlands for a giant get-together and the place was PACKED -bigger than any other meetup I had been a part of. And the people who came were good, decent. They came to have a good time and meet others. I enjoyed myself, met some new people, ate some pizza... I had a really good time. I brought along my 40D in case it went to suck and no one showed but it wound up being huge and I enjoyed being there.
And Chasness came back. The self-confidence of who I am. I got that back. I told people that I merely worked for a state/federal government agency and that I wrote and did photography. And I felt good saying that instead of “my job sucks because...” I think the poison has finally coursed its way on out.
And I met a woman. Christine. Exotic look. Nice body. Military. Two small kids. Pursues music while on active duty out of Ft. Knox. We got along great, she laughed with me several times, and we got closer. And closer. At some point I remember her arms rubbing up against mine but neither of us backed up. It got intensive and I couldn't say how long we stood personally close to each other but I remember her laughing and Ronald walking up, bumping against me. That broke Christine and I out of the “spell” and she said she had to drive home alone. I got her number and she told me to text her about my blogging stuff. Done and done.
So if I have any complaints about the week it's how do I go about doing what I want to do. I might be on my own now, I don't know. I wanted to do the blogging group this week however it canceled. That sucked. I have a camera and people are coming out of the woodwork and want me to shoot pics of them and that's cool; I could use the cash. I'm waiting to do Sabrina's Senior Pics and see how they turn out but I'm fairly certain I can pick up some cash on this. I have a friend of two who might be concerned that I'm leaving the world of writing and there's nothing farther from the truth. I love writing, it helps me survive and I would not give it up for anything. I might pursue more money doing the photography thing.
But yeah, it sucks taking a psychic “beating” every day by over a hundred callers. My ears feel shot. My patience has almost depleted. I need something else. And we're working on that, as always...
No comments:
Post a Comment