Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Head on Write

Taking a chance to catch up with what’s going on at the Writing front:
- I’ll be doing movie reviews for Alt Revolt Magazine (www.altrevolt.com). Not being paid per se but I may get to do some photog work (and maybe even get to meet musicians).
- One of my OLD stories, “It Made a Decision,” is being featured in the Mystery Newsletter for Writing.com. The cool thing to come from this would/will be exposure and more people reading my stuff. Which brings me to…
- The Chicago Printers Row Lit Fest. I’ll be there this weekend. If you know me and are in the area, flag me down. I’ll probably be there on Saturday with friends.
- And last but not least everyone wants to know about “The Big Adios.” For those of you who don’t know, “The Big Adios” is my own hardboiled thriller about a hitman, a DVD, and every underbelly-kicking sack o’ crap wanting it. I’m approaching the 4th draft and feel that yes… it’s done. Seeing as it’s longer than a short but shorter than a manuscript, and the fact that hardboiled is a “niche” genre,” and several personal and economic reasons I am going to stick to the plan: “The Big Adios” will be released in the form of a blog for free (but donations will GLADLY be accepted). I will post the first chapter on Gather, Associated Content, and several other sites. It will also have its own Facebook fan club. Watch for it.
- I’m going to begin editing on my old stuff which I should have done a long time ago. Life is what happens while you are making other plans…

No comments:

Post a Comment